The number of adult sports leagues available to Los Angeles County residents more than doubles any of the other cities we’ve highlighted. That means there is zero excuse not to get out there and play a sport.
With a temperate climate, mountains, beaches, and deserts all within a short drive, the city is your sports arena! The City of Angels and its nearby neighborhoods give adult residents an endless supply of sports options.
But instead of making you dig your way through a ton of websites to find an adult sports league in the Los Angeles area that’s right for you, Adults Play Sports has made it easy by putting together a list on your behalf.
You’ll get a short description, and you can get more details by linking to their listing in our directory from the list below.
Speaking of which, Adults Play Sports has a searchable online directory of adult sports leagues, trainers, camps, clinics, lessons, and tournaments (sort of like the Yelp of adult sports). Search by sport, location, gender, competition level, or other features, like LGBTQ, senior leagues, social leagues, and more.
Who says just because you’ve hit the adulting stage in your life, you should have to give up sports or be intimidated about starting a sport later in life? We think there’s no better time than now to get involved in adult sports in Los Angeles, and we’ll give you some guidance and highlight some adult sports leagues in the city you call home.
Things To Consider In An Adult Sports League
Born Competitor or Social and Sporty (Or Just Social)?
There are several factors to consider when picking an adult sports league. Are you looking for full-contact, hardcore competition? Or are you more interested in a social sports league where you can have fun playing a sport but also participate in social events like happy hours? Or do you not consider yourself much of an athlete, but you’d still like to do something sporty-ish?
There are all types of adult sports leagues that cater to different personas. Some leagues are ultra-competitive. But there are other leagues where socializing is just as important as actually playing a sport.
Social sports leagues usually arrange events beyond sports games, like happy hours or other networking events. These types of leagues tend to be good choices for the more casual athlete. A lot of social sports leagues offer beginner-friendly sports like cornhole, kickball, bowling, and dodgeball.
Additional Features You Might Want In An Adult Sports League
Some other things you might want to consider in picking an adult sports league that’s right for you are:
- Do you prefer single-gender or co-ed sports?
- Are you “of a certain age” and prefer a league with age divisions in the 30s, 40s, 50s, or beyond?
- Are you looking for LGBTQ+-specific leagues?
The great thing about living in Los Angeles County is that you’re more likely to find leagues with these types of features. Those adult athletes in South Dakota aren’t quite as fortunate when it comes to having as many options as you do.
The List Of Adult Sports Leagues In (And Near) Los Angeles
Without further ado, here is the list you’ve been waiting for! Of course, this is probably not the complete list of adult sports options in Los Angeles and its surrounding areas, but it’s a pretty darn good one.
- CLUBWAKA Los Angeles-21+ co-ed adult social sports league offers kickball, bowling, soccer, and more
- ZogSports-Co-ed social sports league offering kickball, soccer, softball, volleyball, and more in Central LA, Eastside, South Bay, and Westside
- Los Angeles Galaxy Adult Soccer Leagues-Indoor and outdoor soccer leagues for men, women, and co-ed players
- Los Angeles Rugby Club-Men’s and women’s rugby open to all skills
- Santa Monica Rugby Club-Men’s and women’s competitive and recreational rugby
- City of Lomita-Offers men’s basketball, including age 40+ option
- Los Angeles Co-Ed Soccer-Co-ed recreational soccer league
- LASportsNet-Co-ed adult social sports league offering basketball, flag football, kickball, and more
- Beach City Sports-Co-ed adult social sports league offering sports like basketball, beach volleyball, cornhole, and more
- Beverly Hills Adult Sports-Co-ed adult sports for all skills include baseball, basketball, flag football, kickball, and soccer
- City of Los Angeles-Adult sports offerings include baseball, basketball, soccer, and more
- The Cage Roller Hockey-Men’s roller hockey league for all skill levels; includes 40+ division
- National Masters Soccer League-Adult men’s soccer league; offers senior divisions
- Claremont Adult Soccer League-Men’s adult soccer league; includes senior divisions
- Los Angeles Rebellion Rugby-LGBTQ D3 men’s rugby club
- City of Malibu-Co-ed adult softball
- Pacific Coast Baseball League-18+ men’s intermediate/competitive baseball; fall and spring seasons
- Revolution Sports-Co-ed adult social sports league offers golf, volleyball, and more
- South Bay Sports-Co-ed and men’s adult soccer league
- City of Santa Monica-Adult softball, kickball, volleyball, soccer, and basketball
- Los Angeles Soccer Club-Men’s intermediate to competitive soccer club
- LA Kings Ice at Pickwick Gardens-Adult ice hockey and figure skating programs for all skills
- L.A. Villa F.C. Women’s Soccer-Adult women’s soccer ranging from age 18 to 60
- Atletico Espanol-Men’s adult soccer league in South Gate
- City of Santa Clarita-Adult leagues include ultimate frisbee, soccer, flag football, and more
- City of Long Beach-Men’s, women’s, and co-ed adult sports include baseball, basketball, kickball, volleyball, and more
- Southern California Amateur Baseball League-East LA/Pasadena to Rancho Cucamonga adult men’s baseball for all skills
- Hawaiian Gardens Recreation-Adult sports include basketball, futsal, soccer, softball, and more; includes men’s, women’s, and co-ed options
- DirectKix-6v6 men’s adult social soccer club
- Century City Ski Club-Adult social club that includes skiing, snowboarding, cycling, kayaking, and more
- Santa Monica Adult Soccer-Men’s and co-ed adult soccer league
- West Hollywood Soccer Club-LGBTQ adult men’s, women’s, and co-ed soccer league
- City of Manhattan Beach-Men’s and co-ed adult leagues include beach volleyball, kickball, pickleball, and more
- Ice Angeles Hockey League-Harbor City adult co-ed hockey league
- Sofive Rancho Cucamonga-5v5 and 7v7 adult soccer leagues
- Sofive Covina-5v5 and 7v7 adult soccer leagues
- Sofive Pomona-5v5 and 7v7 adult soccer leagues
- Sofive Southgate-5v5 and 7v7 adult soccer leagues
- City of Alhambra-Co-ed adult sports leagues
- Evolve Soccer LA-Adult futsal and indoor soccer with men’s and co-ed leagues
- Eagle Rock Rugby Club-So Cal’s oldest rugby club for men; welcomes beginners
- ULAX Los Angeles-Men’s and women’s lacrosse league
- Rhino Crash Sports Group-Adult tennis programs
- Hollywood Curling-Adult curling league at Pasadena Ice Skating Center
- 7’s Soccer League Rancho Cucamonga-Men’s and women’s 7-a-side soccer
- 7’s Soccer League Santa Monica-Men’s and women’s 7-a-side soccer
- 7’s Soccer League Sherman Oaks-Men’s and women’s 7-a-side soccer
- Southern California Cricket Association-Four skill divisions from San Diego to Santa Barbara, but primarily Van Nuys
- Premier League LA-Semi-pro men’s soccer league
- Belmont Shores Women’s Rugby Football Club-All skill levels women’s rugby club
- LA Cricket League-Adult men’s cricket league
- Belmont Shore Rugby Football Club-Men’s competitive and intermediate rugby club
- Venice Beach Volleyball Academy-Adult brach volleyball classes
- Santa Monica Co-Ed Beach Flag Football-Pickup adult flag football on Venice Beach
- Los Angeles Blades-LGBTQ men’s hockey league
- City of Huntington Park-Men’s and co-ed adult sports leagues
- Santa Monica Beach Volleyball-Age 19+ beach volleyball classes for all skill levels
- Beverly Hills Lacrosse Club-Competitive men’s lacrosse; post-collegiate players
- Pasadena Adult Soccer League-Recreational to competitive adult soccer league for men, women, and co-ed
- LAOUT-Adult ultimate frisbee leagues and pickup for all skills
- Santa Monica Sporting FC-Men’s competitive soccer club
- LA Kings Iceland-Adult ice hockey leagues at Paramount rink
- City of Palmdale-Adult basketball, softball, and volleyball leagues
- Dodgertown West-Men’s 30+ baseball league for all skills
- South Bay Volleyball Academy-Beach volleyball training academy
- City of Pasadena-Multiple adult sports offerings for men, women, and co-ed athletes
- Alumni Water Polo Club-Men’s competitive water polo club; primarily post-collegiate players
- Los Angeles Baseball Federation-Men’s semi-competitive baseball league
- Ronin Lacrosse-Men’s lacrosse league in Culver City
- La Alhambra Soccer League-Age 40+ men’s soccer league
- Westside Volleyball-Adult volleyball in Monterey Park and Alhambra
- LA Chill Women’s Hockey Club-Women’s travel ice hockey league
- Southern California Municipal Athletic Foundation-Offers adult sports like soccer, softball, and pickleball in So Cal
- Intercity Co-Ed Softball League of Southern California-Senior adult softball league for players age 50+
- Latin & American Men’s Softball League-Modified pitch men’s softball
- City of Azusa-Adult baseball, basketball, kickball, softball, and volleyball
- Huntington Beach Unicorns Rugby Football Club-Men’s D3 rugby club
- Pasadena Ice Skating Center-Adult ice hockey and figure skating, including hockey skills clinics for beginners
- Los Angeles Athletic Club Water Polo-Competitive men’s and women’s water polo in downtown
- Venice Japanese Community Center-Co-ed adult basketball and pickleball
- WeHo Dodgeball-Co-ed adult dodgeball
- San Fernando Rugby-Men’s and women’s semi-competitive rugby club
- Fast Action Basketball-Men’s adult basketball league for all skill levels
- Los Angeles Volleyball Organization-Women’s and co-ed volleyball league
- OutLoud Los Angeles-LGBTQ adult dodgeball, soccer, and more
- Half Tank Water Polo Club-Age 21+ competitive water polo club for post-collegiate players
- Angel City Sports-Adaptive sports for adults
- Foothill Water Polo Club-Men’s and women’s water polo club for all skill levels
- Rose Bowl Aquatics Center-Adult-based swim training program, including training for triathlons
- Small Goal Soccer Torrance-7v7 men’s and women’s soccer league
- California Street Hockey Association-Adult roller hockey leagues for men, women, and co-ed; includes pickup games and beginner clinics
- World Dodgeball Society-Co-ed and women’s adult dodgeball
- South Bay Peninsula Soccer League-Largest adult men’s soccer league in So Cal; competitive
- Whittier Recreation-Adult co-ed sports, including adaptive
- GLASA Women’s Softball-Women’s softball league for all skill levels
- Bell Gardens Recreation-Men’s and co-ed outdoor sports for residents
- Greater Los Angeles Softball Association-LGBTQ adult softball league for all skills in South El Monte; includes age 50+ division
- WNBGAY-LGBTQ pickup basketball in Highland Park
- El Segundo Parks and Rec-Men’s and co-ed adult sports include basketball, kickball, pickleball, and more
- City of Moorpark-Men’s and co-ed adult sports leagues for residents
- Dyke Soccer-Women’s LGBTQ pickup soccer league
- Lambda Basketball League-LGBTQ men’s and women’s bi-weekly pickup basketball
- Los Angeles Flag Football-LGBTQ co-ed adult flag football for all skill levels
- City of San Dimas-Co-ed adult softball
- West Hollywood Aquatics-LGBTQ swimming and water polo club
- The Rinks Lakewood Ice-Adult men’s, women’s, and co-ed hockey leagues for all skills, including clinics
- City of La Mirada-Men’s basketball leagues
- City of Torrance Recreation-Co-ed adult sports leagues
- Kinecta Soccer Center-Adult futsal leagues in Torrance
Not Sure What Sport Is Right For You? Take Our Quiz To Find Out.
Maybe you’re what we call sports-curious–intrigued by the idea of playing sports but not quite sure which is the right one for you. You can take our short sports quiz that will narrow down some well-suited sports for you based on your answers.
Motivation and Inspiration
If anything is holding you back from getting involved in adult sports in the sprawling metropolis of Los Angeles, whether it’s intimidation, lack of training, or lack of motivation, Adults Play Sports has a robust blog to help. Our blog posts include everything from training tips to motivational stories from adult athletes from all walks of life.
We want to be your partner on this journey because we love sports! Plus, there are a plethora of mental, emotional, and physical benefits to playing sports as an adult.
Go Ahead. subscribe.
(You know you want to)
As much as we like you, we aren’t obsessed, so don’t expect us to write everyday. We’ll just email when we’ve got good info and giveaways.
P.S. We’re totally okay with you stalking us, though.
Now that you have the lowdown on adult sports leagues in Los Angeles County, it’s time to get your game on!
Choose a league that gets your heart pumping, and remember–it’s never too late to #growupandplay. After all, in L.A., playing sports is just another way to live life to its fullest and still feel young at heart, whether you’re 25 or 75.