Sure, there are plenty of adult hockey leagues in Toronto. But you’ve also got plenty of other adult sports leagues to choose from that will keep you active all year round. The TO and its surrounding areas make it easy for adults to get into sports–or never stop playing them. Vibrant Toronto even offers the rarely-seen women’s baseball leagues!
But instead of making you dig your way through a ton of websites to find an adult sports league in the Toronto area that’s right for you, Adults Play Sports has made it easy by putting together a list on your behalf.
You’ll get a short description, and you can get more details by linking to their listing in our directory from the list below.
Speaking of which, Adults Play Sports has a searchable online directory of adult sports leagues, trainers, camps, clinics, lessons, and tournaments (sort of like the Yelp of adult sports). Search by sport, location, gender, competition level, or other features, like LGBTQ, senior leagues, social leagues, and more.
Who says just because you’ve hit the adulting stage in your life, you should have to give up sports or be intimidated about starting a sport later in life? We think there’s no better time than now to get involved in adult sports in Toronto, and we’ll give you some guidance and highlight some adult sports leagues in the city you call home.
Things To Consider In An Adult Sports League
Born Competitor or Social and Sporty (Or Just Social)?
There are several factors to consider when picking an adult sports league. Are you looking for full-contact, hardcore competition? Or are you more interested in a social sports league where you can have fun playing a sport but also participate in social events like happy hours? Or do you not consider yourself much of an athlete, but you’d still like to do something sporty-ish?
There are all types of adult sports leagues that cater to different personas. Some leagues are ultra-competitive. But there are other leagues where socializing is just as important as actually playing a sport.
Social sports leagues usually arrange events beyond sports games, like happy hours or other networking events. These types of leagues tend to be good choices for the more casual athlete. A lot of social sports leagues offer beginner-friendly sports like cornhole, kickball, bowling, and dodgeball.
Additional Features You Might Want In An Adult Sports League
Some other things you might want to consider in picking an adult sports league that’s right for you are:
- Do you prefer single-gender or co-ed sports?
- Are you “of a certain age” and prefer a league with age divisions in the 30s, 40s, 50s, or beyond?
- Are you looking for LGBTQ+-specific leagues?
The great thing about living in Toronto is that you’re more likely to find leagues with these types of features. Those adult athletes in the Yukon aren’t quite as fortunate when it comes to having as many options as you do.
The List Of Adult Sports Leagues In (And Near) Toronto
Without further ado, here is the list you’ve been waiting for! Of course, this is probably not the complete list of adult sports options in Toronto and its surrounding areas, but it’s a pretty darn good one.
- Extreme Sports Club Toronto-Year-round indoor and outdoor adult sports include soccer, volleyball, ultimate, and more
- Average Joe Sports Club-Co-ed adult social sports league with activities throughout Toronto area
- Stadium Sport Leagues-Adult leagues include indoor soccer, basketball, and volleyball
- Greater Toronto Baseball League-Competitive men’s baseball league
- Toronto Gaels-Gaelic football club with men’s and women’s teams for all skill levels
- Toronto Recreational Sports League-Co-ed social sports league offers basketball, dodgeball, indoor soccer, and more
- York Regional Baseball League-Men’s adult baseball league
- Toronto Central Soccer Club-Women’s soccer club for all skills
- Beaches Men’s League-Adult men’s softball league for all skills
- Brampton Men’s Recreational Baseball League-Age 21+ men’s baseball league
- Basketball World Toronto-Offers adult basketball leagues, as well as skills clinics
- Thornhill Baseball Club-Men’s baseball league
- MIFA-Mississauga football league with full tackle women’s team, semi-pro men’s football, and co-ed flag football
- Downtown Men’s Hockey League-Primarily men’s hockey league, but also open to women
- Cherry Beach Soccer Club-Men’s indoor soccer league
- True North Hockey Canada-Adult hockey league for rookies to competitors; offers women’s league and beginner clinic
- York Central Ball Hockey League-Men’s, women’s, and co-ed ball hockey league
- Downtown Soccer Toronto-LGBTQ adult soccer league for all skill levels
- City of Brampton-Co-ed adult sports leagues include basketball, dodgeball, disc golf, and more
- Leaside Curling Club-Curling club with adult leagues for all skill levels
- Rexdale Women’s Hockey League-Beginner to advanced women’s hockey league
- Adult Safe Hockey League-Adult hockey league open to newbies
- Ontario Women’s Baseball League-Women’s hardball league with beginner and competitive teams
- Kingston Senior Men’s Baseball League-Men’s adult baseball league
- JAM Sports York-Co-ed, men’s, and women’s adult social sports league offers kickball, basketball, ultimate, and more
- JAM Sports North Bay-Co-ed, men’s, and women’s adult social sports league offers soccer, softball, and more
- JAM Sports Mississauga-Co-ed, men’s, and women’s adult social sports league offers basketball, flag football, and more
- Toronto Men’s Baseball League-Eight team men’s baseball league
- Scarborough Men’s Volleyball Association-Age 19+ men’s volleyball league for all skills
- Greater Toronto Ball Hockey League-Offers adult ball hockey leagues throughout Toronto
- Bloordale Ladies Slo-Pitch-Women’s softball league for all skill levels
- Canlan Sports-Etobicoke-Men’s and women’s ice hockey leagues
- Go West Athletics-Co-ed curling and volleyball leagues
- Toronto Azzurri Soccer Club-Men’s soccer league with senior divison
- Women’s Hockey Club of Toronto-Women’s LGBTQ no-contact ice hockey league
- Toronto Spartan Volleyball League-LGBTQ volleyball league with weekly play; also offers skills clinics
- Central Toronto Volleyball League-Recreational to intermediate adult volleyball league
- Gay Curling-LGBTQ curling club with two adult curling leagues
- City of Richmond Hill-Co-ed adult sports included pickleball, tennis, volleyball, and more
- Recreational Slo-Pitch-Co-ed adult softball league with all skill divisions; also offers men’s age 50+ division
- Toronto Ultimate Club-Ultimate frisbee leagues for adults, as well as clinics
- Toronto Dodgeball-Co-ed adult dodgeball leagues in Brampton and Mississauga areas
- Royal Canadian Baseball Association-Co-ed 3-pitch adult softball league
- Town of Oakville-Adult sports leagues include pickleball, golf, volleyball, and more
- Toronto Masters Lacrosse League-Age 20+ men’s lacrosse league for all skills
- Toronto Flag Football-Ages 17+ adult men’s flag football league
- Cabbagetown Group Softball League-LGBTQ co-ed softball league with four divisions
- Pink Turf Soccer League-LGBTQ women’s soccer league
- South Scarborough Softball League-Co-ed adult slo-pitch league
- Leaside-East Toronto Soccer Club-House league adult soccer
- Toronto Women’s Ball Hockey Association-Scarborough and Mississauga women’s ball hockey league for all skill levels
- Toronto Scottish-Men’s and women’s adult rugby club for all skills
- Toronto Markham Soccer Club-Indoor and outdoor men’s soccer league with intermediate and competitive divisions
- Willowdale Slo-Pitch League-Co-ed adult slo-pitch softball in North York
- Notso Amazon Softball League-LGBTQ women’s softball league
- Centennial Slo-Pitch League-Etobicoke adult softball league with men’s, women’s, and co-ed divisions
- Moss Park Arena-Offers adult hockey leagues and a hockey school
- Toronto Gay Hockey Association-LGBTQ non-contact hockey league for ages 19+
Not Sure What Sport Is Right For You? Take Our Quiz To Find Out.
Maybe you’re what we call sports-curious–intrigued by the idea of playing sports but not quite sure which is the right one for you. You can take our short sports quiz that will narrow down some well-suited sports for you based on your answers.
Motivation and Inspiration
If anything is holding you back from getting involved in adult sports in the sprawling metropolis of Toronto, whether it’s intimidation, lack of training, or lack of motivation, Adults Play Sports has a robust blog to help. Our blog posts include everything from training tips to motivational stories from adult athletes from all walks of life.
We want to be your partner on this journey because we love sports! Plus, there are a plethora of mental, emotional, and physical benefits to playing sports as an adult.
Go Ahead. subscribe.
(You know you want to)
As much as we like you, we aren’t obsessed, so don’t expect us to write everyday. We’ll just email when we’ve got good info and giveaways.
P.S. We’re totally okay with you stalking us, though.
Now that you have the lowdown on adult sports leagues in Toronto, it’s time to get your game on!
Choose a league that gets your heart pumping, and remember–it’s never too late to #growupandplay. After all, in the Queen City, playing sports is just another way to live life to its fullest and still feel young at heart, whether you’re 25 or 75.