Salt Lake City might be most notable for its winter sports, but there are plenty of other adult sports options all year round. The City of the Saints abounds with a vast array of adult sports leagues for all skill levels. From flag football to soccer to softball, you’ll find plenty to choose from in Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas.
But instead of making you dig your way through a ton of websites to find an adult sports league in the Salt Lake City area that’s right for you, Adults Play Sports has made it easy by putting together a list on your behalf.
You’ll get a short description, and you can get more details by linking to their listing in our directory from the list below.
Speaking of which, Adults Play Sports has a searchable online directory of adult sports leagues, trainers, camps, clinics, lessons, and tournaments (sort of like the Yelp of adult sports). Search by sport, location, gender, competition level, or other features, like LGBTQ, senior leagues, social leagues, and more.
Who says just because you’ve hit the adulting stage in your life, you should have to give up sports or be intimidated about starting a sport later in life? We think there’s no better time than now to get involved in adult sports in Salt Lake City, and we’ll give you some guidance and highlight some adult sports leagues in the city you call home.
Things To Consider In An Adult Sports League
Born Competitor or Social and Sporty (Or Just Social)?
There are several factors to consider when picking an adult sports league. Are you looking for full-contact, hardcore competition? Or are you more interested in a social sports league where you can have fun playing a sport but also participate in social events like happy hours? Or do you not consider yourself much of an athlete, but you’d still like to do something sporty-ish?
There are all types of adult sports leagues that cater to different personas. Some leagues are ultra-competitive. But there are other leagues where socializing is just as important as actually playing a sport.
Social sports leagues usually arrange events beyond sports games, like happy hours or other networking events. These types of leagues tend to be good choices for the more casual athlete. A lot of social sports leagues offer beginner-friendly sports like cornhole, kickball, bowling, and dodgeball.
Additional Features You Might Want In An Adult Sports League
Some other things you might want to consider in picking an adult sports league that’s right for you are:
- Do you prefer single-gender or co-ed sports?
- Are you “of a certain age” and prefer a league with age divisions in the 30s, 40s, 50s, or beyond?
- Are you looking for LGBTQ+-specific leagues?
The great thing about living in Salt Lake City is that you’re more likely to find leagues with these types of features. Those adult athletes in South Dakota aren’t quite as fortunate when it comes to having as many options as you do.
The List Of Adult Sports Leagues In (And Near) Salt Lake City
Without further ado, here is the list you’ve been waiting for! Of course, this is not the complete list of adult sports options in Salt Lake City and its surrounding areas, but it’s a pretty darn good one.
- Beehive Sport & Social Club-Co-ed adult social sports club with multiple sports
- Utah Flag League-Men’s and co-ed flag football league for all skills
- Salt Lake Masters Swimming-Beginner to competitive adult swimming programs
- Sporting iO-South Salt Lake adult soccer leagues for beginners to competitive players; women’s, men’s, co-ed
- Queer Utah Aquatic Club-LGBTQ adult swimming and water polo club
- Park City-Ice hockey, pickleball, tennis, golf and more for adult residents of Park City
- Peaks Adult Hockey League-Adult ice hockey league and skills clinics in Provo
- Utah Olympic Oval-Adult ice hockey, figure skating, speedskating, and learn to skate programs in Kearns
- Utah Lacrosse League-Men’s intermediate/competitive lacrosse league that plays in SLC and surrounding areas
- Intermountain Lacrosse-Men’s and women’s adult summer lacrosse leagues
- Great Salt Lake Rowing-Great Salt Lake Marina rowing club offers adult recreational and competitive programs
- Vipers Women’s Rugby-South Jordan competitive women’s rugby
- Salt Lake City Slugs-Intermediate women’s rugby club
- Utah Adult Baseball-Men’s adult baseball serving SLC and surrounding areas
- Wasatch Front Men’s Baseball League-Ogden hardball men’s baseball league
- Kaysville City Parks & Rec-Soccer, softball, pickleball, and more for adult residents
- Utah Indoor Soccer-5v5 men’s indoor soccer
- Salt Lake County Parks and Recreation-Pickleball, swimming, archery, and baseball, including adaptive sports options
- Cottonwood Heights Parks and Recreation-Coed adult sports include ice hockey, pickleball, and swimming
- Utah Premier Soccer League-Men’s, women’s, and coed competitive adult soccer in Uintah County
- Basin Recreation-Adult flag football, ultimate frisbee, pickleball, and more
- Sandy Parks & Recreation-Co-ed softball and pickleball for adult residents
- Salt Lake Figure Skating-Adult figure skating club for all skill levels
- Utah Adult Amateur Baseball League-18+ men’s competitive baseball league
- Salt Lake Tennis & Health Club-Adult tennis leagues, lessons, and clinics
- USTA Intermountain Utah-Adult tennis and pickleball leagues
- Easton Foundation Archery Centers-Beginner and advanced adult archery leagues
- The Sandbar SLC-Beginner to competitive adult sand volleyball leagues
- Premier Club Soccer-Utah Valley adult soccer league offers indoor/outdoor, men’s, women’s, and co-ed divisions
- Draper City Parks and Recreation-Men’s and co-ed adult sports leagues include basketball, pickleball, and more
- Sport City Utah-Co-ed, men’s, and women’s adult soccer leagues for all skills in Draper
- South Salt Lake City Recreation-Co-ed adult sports for residents
- Lehi City-Adult sports include basketball, softball, volleyball, and more
- West Valley City-Co-ed adult sports include basketball, cornhole, dodgeball, tennis, and more
- Stonewall Sports Salt Lake City-LGBTQ adult social sports league offers bowling, dodgeball, kickball, and more
- Salt Lake Sand-Sand volleyball league for adults of all skills
- Let’s Play Soccer Gardner Village-Adult indoor soccer for all skills; men’s, women’s, and co-ed divisions
- Let’s Play Soccer Ogden-Adult indoor soccer for all skills; men’s, women’s, and co-ed divisions
- Clearfield City Adult Sports-Men’s and co-ed adult sports offerings for residents
Not Sure What Sport Is Right For You? Take Our Quiz To Find Out.
Maybe you’re what we call sports-curious–intrigued by the idea of playing sports but not quite sure which is the right one for you. You can take our short sports quiz that will narrow down some well-suited sports for you based on your answers.
Motivation and Inspiration
If anything is holding you back from getting involved in adult sports in the growing city of Salt Lake, whether it’s intimidation, lack of training, or lack of motivation, Adults Play Sports has a robust blog to help. Our blog posts include everything from training tips to motivational stories from adult athletes from all walks of life.
We want to be your partner on this journey because we love sports! Plus, there are a plethora of mental, emotional, and physical benefits to playing sports as an adult.
Go Ahead. subscribe.
(You know you want to)
As much as we like you, we aren’t obsessed, so don’t expect us to write everyday. We’ll just email when we’ve got good info and giveaways.
P.S. We’re totally okay with you stalking us, though.
Now that you have the lowdown on adult sports leagues in Salt Lake City, it’s time to get your game on!
Choose a league that gets your heart pumping, and remember–it’s never too late to #growupandplay. After all, in the SLC, playing sports is just another way to live life to its fullest and still feel young at heart, whether you’re 25 or 75.