If you’re looking for adult sports leagues in Houston, you won’t come up empty-handed. In fact, Houston offers everything from soccer to fencing to water polo–and much more.
The Space City and its outskirts cater to competitive and not-so-competitive adult athletes (or wannabe athletes).
But instead of making you dig your way through a ton of websites to find an adult sports league in the Houston area that’s right for you, Adults Play Sports has made it easy by putting together a list on your behalf.
You’ll get a short description, and you can get more details by linking to their listing in our directory from the list below.
Speaking of which, Adults Play Sports has a searchable online directory of adult sports leagues, trainers, camps, clinics, lessons, and tournaments (sort of like the Yelp of adult sports). Search by sport, location, gender, competition level, or other features, like LGBTQ, senior leagues, social leagues, and more.
Who says just because you’ve hit the adulting stage in your life, you should have to give up sports or be intimidated about starting a sport later in life? We think there’s no better time than now to get involved in adult sports in Houston, and we’ll give you some guidance and highlight some adult sports leagues in the city you call home.
Things To Consider In An Adult Sports League
Born Competitor or Social and Sporty (Or Just Social)?
There are several factors to consider when picking an adult sports league. Are you looking for full-contact, hardcore competition? Or are you more interested in a social sports league where you can have fun playing a sport but also participate in social events like happy hours? Or do you not consider yourself much of an athlete, but you’d still like to do something sporty-ish?
There are all types of adult sports leagues that cater to different personas. Some leagues are ultra-competitive. But there are other leagues where socializing is just as important as actually playing a sport.
Social sports leagues usually arrange events beyond sports games, like happy hours or other networking events. These types of leagues tend to be good choices for the more casual athlete. A lot of social sports leagues offer beginner-friendly sports like cornhole, kickball, bowling, and dodgeball.
Additional Features You Might Want In An Adult Sports League
Some other things you might want to consider in picking an adult sports league that’s right for you are:
- Do you prefer single-gender or co-ed sports?
- Are you “of a certain age” and prefer a league with age divisions in the 30s, 40s, 50s, or beyond?
- Are you looking for LGBTQ+-specific leagues?
The great thing about living in Houston is that you’re more likely to find leagues with these types of features. Those adult athletes in South Dakota aren’t quite as fortunate when it comes to having as many options as you do.
The List Of Adult Sports Leagues In (And Near) Houston
Without further ado, here is the list you’ve been waiting for! Of course, this is not the complete list of adult sports options in Houston and its surrounding areas, but it’s a pretty darn good one.
- SPORTSKIND-Adult co-ed social sports league offers golf, basketball, kickball, and more
- Sports Monkey-Houston’s largest co-ed social sports league offers basketball, golf, volleyball, and more
- ULAX Houston-Men’s field and box lacrosse leagues
- Houston Metropolitan Lacrosse Club-18+ men’s lacrosse club
- Deep End Fitness Houston-Swim fitness training and Underwater Torpedo League
- Houston Tennis Association-Adult, senior, and adaptive tennis programs
- Houston Women’s Soccer Association-Don’t let the name fool you–also offers co-ed
- HOPS Water Polo-Intermediate to competitive water polo club
- Curling Club of Houston-Adult curling leagues and lessons
- City of Houston Adult Sports-Adult basketball, flag football, volleyball, and more
- H-Town Soccer Academy-Men’s, women’s, and co-ed adult soccer
- HTX Sportscreek-Adult soccer and volleyball
- Bumpy Pickle-Sand volleyball and pickleball
- Third Coast Volleyball-Adult sand volleyball
- Houston Baseball Association-Ages 17+ men’s baseball league with all skill divisions
- Houston Sports & Social Club-Adult social sports league offers cornhole, bowling, basketball, and more
- North Houston Flag Football-Men’s intermediate to competitive flag football league
- Greater Houston Pickleball-Organizes pickleball leagues and clinics throughout Houston
- Sugar Land Ice Adult Hockey-Men’s and women’s adult hockey leagues for all skills
- Revolution Soccer Complex-5v5 and 7v7 men’s, women’s, and co-ed soccer leagues in North Houston
- Houston Swords-Adult fencing programs
- District 249-Adult sand volleyball and kickball in Tomball
- Lone Star Volleyball Association-LGBTQ adult indoor volleyball league
- Montrose Softball League Association-LGBTQ adult softball league with all skill divisions; men’s, women’s, co-ed
- Houston Tennis Club-LGBTQ tennis club
- Houston Football Association-Adult men’s soccer league
- Houston Ultimate Community-Ultimate frisbee programs for adults of all skills
- Harris County Senior Softball League-Age 50+ co-ed adult softball league
- Texas Colts-Men’s minor league football team
- Thirty and Over Recreational Soccer Organization-Over 30s co-ed recreational soccer league for all skills
- Houston Australian Football Club-Men’s and women’s Aussie rules football for adults of all ages
- West Houston Indoor Soccer-Men’s competitive indoor soccer
- Houston Hurricanes Football-LGBTQ co-ed adult flag football league
- Small Goal Soccer SW Houston-6v6 adult soccer league
- Let’s Play Soccer-Southwest Indoor Soccer-Men’s, women’s, and co-ed soccer league in Stafford
- Space City Rugby Football Club-LGBTQ men’s rugby team
- Houston Women’s Softball League-Women’s LGBTQ softball league for all skills
- Main Street Soccer-Adult co-ed indoor soccer
- Pride Sports Houston-LGBTQ co-ed adult social sports league
- Houston’s First Baptist Church-Co-ed adult sports include kickball, volleyball, flag football
- Toros HTX-Men’s and co-ed soccer for all skills–combined with a coffee shop
- El River Park Soccer League-Hispanic men’s soccer league
- Horizon Indoor Sports-Men’s, women’s, and co-ed indoor soccer in League City
- Fort Bend Adult Soccer Association-Men’s soccer league for intermediate to competitive players
- ARCSoccer-Age 30+ co-ed adult soccer league in Northeast Houston
- The Woodlands Methodist-Church-based adult basketball and pickleball league
- JCC Houston-Adult pickleball, tennis, and basketball
- New Territory Parks & Recreation-Adult basketball in Sugar Land
- Pearland Parks & Recreation-Men’s and co-ed adult sports
- City of Friendswood-Adult softball and kickball leagues
- UScore Soccer-Men’s and co-ed indoor soccer league
- Deer Park Parks and Recreation-Adult softball, pickleball, volleyball, and more
- City of West University Place-Adult pickleball, tennis, and karate
- Woodlands Township-Adult pickleball, soccer, and softball
- Katy International Sports Complex-Adult men’s soccer league
Not Sure What Sport Is Right For You? Take Our Quiz To Find Out.
Maybe you’re what we call sports-curious–intrigued by the idea of playing sports but not quite sure which is the right one for you. You can take our short sports quiz that will narrow down some well-suited sports for you based on your answers.
Motivation and Inspiration
If anything is holding you back from getting involved in adult sports in the growing city of Houston, whether it’s intimidation, lack of training, or lack of motivation, Adults Play Sports has a robust blog to help. Our blog posts include everything from training tips to motivational stories from adult athletes from all walks of life.
We want to be your partner on this journey because we love sports! Plus, there are a plethora of mental, emotional, and physical benefits to playing sports as an adult.
Go Ahead. subscribe.
(You know you want to)
As much as we like you, we aren’t obsessed, so don’t expect us to write everyday. We’ll just email when we’ve got good info and giveaways.
P.S. We’re totally okay with you stalking us, though.
Now that you have the lowdown on adult sports leagues in Houston, it’s time to get your game on!
Choose a league that gets your heart pumping, and remember–it’s never too late to #growupandplay. After all, in H-Town, playing sports is just another way to live life to its fullest and still feel young at heart, whether you’re 25 or 75.