Phoenix and its surrounding areas offer adult sports leagues galore. The Valley of the Sun has just about every sport for both beginner adult athletes and hardcore competitors. From soccer to golf to fencing–even curling–you’ll find what you’re looking for in this sprawling desert metropolis.
But instead of making you dig your way through a ton of websites to find an adult sports league in the Phoenix area that’s right for you, Adults Play Sports has made it easy by putting together a list on your behalf.
You’ll get a short description, and you can get more details by linking to their listing in our directory from the list below.
Speaking of which, Adults Play Sports has a searchable online directory of adult sports leagues, trainers, camps, clinics, lessons, and tournaments (sort of like the Yelp of adult sports). Search by sport, location, gender, competition level, or other features, like LGBTQ, senior leagues, social leagues, and more.
Who says just because you’ve hit the adulting stage in your life, you should have to give up sports or be intimidated about starting a sport later in life? We think there’s no better time than now to get involved in adult sports in Phoenix, and we’ll give you some guidance and highlight some adult sports leagues in the city you call home.
Things To Consider In An Adult Sports League
Born Competitor or Social and Sporty (Or Just Social)?
There are several factors to consider when picking an adult sports league. Are you looking for full-contact, hardcore competition? Or are you more interested in a social sports league where you can have fun playing a sport but also participate in social events like happy hours? Or do you not consider yourself much of an athlete, but you’d still like to do something sporty-ish?
There are all types of adult sports leagues that cater to different personas. Some leagues are ultra-competitive. But there are other leagues where socializing is just as important as actually playing a sport.
Social sports leagues usually arrange events beyond sports games, like happy hours or other networking events. These types of leagues tend to be good choices for the more casual athlete. A lot of social sports leagues offer beginner-friendly sports like cornhole, kickball, bowling, and dodgeball.
Additional Features You Might Want In An Adult Sports League
Some other things you might want to consider in picking an adult sports league that’s right for you are:
- Do you prefer single-gender or co-ed sports?
- Are you “of a certain age” and prefer a league with age divisions in the 30s, 40s, 50s, or beyond?
- Are you looking for LGBTQ+-specific leagues?
The great thing about living in Phoenix is that you’re more likely to find leagues with these types of features. Those adult athletes in South Dakota aren’t quite as fortunate when it comes to having as many options as you do.
The List Of Adult Sports Leagues In (And Near) Phoenix
Without further ado, here is the list you’ve been waiting for! Of course, this is not the complete list of adult sports options in Phoenix and its surrounding areas, but it’s a pretty darn good one.
- PHX Fray-Co-ed adult social sports league offering basketball, dodgeball, flag football, and more
- Arizona Sports League-Phoenix’s largest adult social sports league offerss soccer, sand volleyball, dodgeball, and more
- Phoenix Adult Soccer League-Adult co-ed soccer league
- State United Amateur Soccer League-Scottsdale men’s adult soccer league with all skill divisions
- Tempe Rugby Club-Men’s and women’s adult rugby league
- Co-ed Lacrosse Arizona-Phoenix area co-ed adult lacrosse for all skills
- Scottsdale Water Polo-Co-ed masters adult water polo club for competitive players
- AZ Wildfire Lacrosse-Adult men’s competitive lacrosse
- PlayMakers Club-Co-ed and women’s leagues included flag football and kickball
- Elite Sports-Sports complex offering adult leagues in basketball, softball, and more
- Soccer For Adults-Tempe co-ed adult soccer league for all skills
- Saturday Golf League-Adult gof league that plays on various Phoenix courses
- City of Phoenix-Men’s, women’s and co-ed adult sports include basketball, softball, and volleyball
- Valley of the Sun Ultimate-Beginner to competitive ultimate frisbee leagues for adults
- Arizona Tennis Association-Adult tennis leagues in Maricopa County
- Arizona Sports Complex-Adult indoor soccer leagues
- Ice Den Scottsdale-Adult hockey leagues and clinics
- Arizona Pickleball Players League-Adult pickleball leagues in Phoenix and beyond
- American Sports Centers-Sports complex offering adult leagues in basketball, indoor soccer, and volleyball
- Arizona Gay Volleyball Association-LGBTQ adult volleyball leagues
- Phoenix Rugby Club-Men’s and women’s rugby club for all skills
- Sand Club-Sand volleyball leagues and clinics in Gilbert
- Ability360 Sports & Fitness-Adaptive sports programs for adults, including basketball, golf, tennis, and more
- Phoenix Fencing Academy-Adult fencing programs
- ULAX Phoenix-Men’s lacrosse leagues
- City of Peoria-Adult softball and pickleball
- Coyotes Curling Club-Adult curling leagues and learn to curl programs
- Mikey’s League-Adaptive sports for adults with mental and physical disabilities
- Deep End Fitness-Adult swim fitness training, including Underwater Torpedo League
- Red Mountain Rugby Club-Men’s adult rugby club in Mesa
- Brightside Basketball-Adult men’s and women’s basketball league in Gilbert
- Valley of the Sun JCC-Adult basketball and pickleball leagues
- Phoenix Beach Volleyball-Adult sand volleyball for all skills
- Rio Salado Rowing Club-Adult rowing club for all skill levels in Tempe
- Glendale LAX-Men’s indoor lacrosse
- Bolle Adult Swim School-Adult-specific swim program
- Phoenix Gay Flag Football League-LGBTQ flag football league
- FLC Fitness-Basketball, pickleball, and flag football for adults
- Arizona Disabled Sports-Adaptive sports programs include archery, basketball, swimming, and more
- Phoenix Storm Rugby Club-Men’s LGBTQ rugby club
- Small Goal Soccer North Phoenix-6v6 adult men’s and co-ed soccer league
- AZ Ice Peoria-adult ice hockey and figure skating
- Footy Tempe-7v7men’s soccer league
- Sun Cities Senior Softball League-Various skill divisions adult softball league
- Footy Phoenix-7v7men’s and co-ed soccer leagues
- AZ Ice Arcadia-adult ice hockey and figure skating
- AZ Ice Gilbert-adult ice hockey and figure skating
- Funkalicious Volleyball-Adult sand volleyball for beginner to competitive players in Scottsdale
- Valley Ultimate-Weekly adult ultimate frisbee pickup league
- Ahwatukee Community Center-Adult tennis and swim programs
- Arizona Legacy Pride Hockey Association-LGBTQ co-ed adult hockey league
- Phoenix Swim Club-Adult masters swim club
- Tolleson Parks & Recreation-Pickup basketball and pickleball
- SACistan-Scottsdale Aquatic Club adult masters water polo and swim club
- Cactus Cities Softball League-LGBTQ multi-skill division adult softball league
- Pride Sports Phoenix-LGBTQ co-ed adult dodgeball and kickball
- Legacy Sports USA-Mesa sports complex that offers adult basketball, cornhole, softball, and more
- Mesa Water Polo-Age 19+ water polo club
- GayBowling Phoenix-LGBTQ adult bowling leagues
- Southwest Fencing Club Phoenix-Beginner to advanced adult fencing programs
- Stealth Beach Volleyball-Adult volleyball leagues
- FC Arizona Deportes-Adult soccer leagues in Maricopa County
- OutLoud Sports Phoenix-Co-ed LGBTQ sports league offering kickball, pickleball, and tennis
- City of Scottsdale-Adult sports leagues include basketball, pickleball, flag football, and more
- City of Glendale-Adult co-ed basketball and softball
- City of Chandler-Adult basketball and volleyball
- City of Tempe-Adult basketball, pickleball, soccer, softball
- Mesa Parks and Recreation-Adult softball, flag football, kickball, and volleyball
Not Sure What Sport Is Right For You? Take Our Quiz To Find Out.
Maybe you’re what we call sports-curious–intrigued by the idea of playing sports but not quite sure which is the right one for you. You can take our short sports quiz that will narrow down some well-suited sports for you based on your answers.
Motivation and Inspiration
If anything is holding you back from getting involved in adult sports in the growing city of Phoenix, whether it’s intimidation, lack of training, or lack of motivation, Adults Play Sports has a robust blog to help. Our blog posts include everything from training tips to motivational stories from adult athletes from all walks of life.
We want to be your partner on this journey because we love sports! Plus, there are a plethora of mental, emotional, and physical benefits to playing sports as an adult.
Go Ahead. subscribe.
(You know you want to)
As much as we like you, we aren’t obsessed, so don’t expect us to write everyday. We’ll just email when we’ve got good info and giveaways.
P.S. We’re totally okay with you stalking us, though.
Now that you have the lowdown on adult sports leagues in Phoenix it’s time to get your game on!
Choose a league that gets your heart pumping, and remember–it’s never too late to #growupandplay. After all, in the PHX, playing sports is just another way to live life to its fullest and still feel young at heart, whether you’re 25 or 75.