With all the seasons to explore in the Reno-Tahoe area, there is no shortage of seasonal adult sports. Should you prefer the beauty of the outdoor landscape to get your sport on or opt to play in the climate-controlled indoors, you’ll find it all in Reno, Tahoe, and surrounding areas.
Regardless of whether you live closer to Big Blue or The Biggest Little City In The World, you’re in the perfect place to find your inner adult athlete. These cities offer adult sports to all skill levels.
But instead of making you dig your way through a ton of websites to find an adult sports league in the Reno-Tahoe area that’s right for you, Adults Play Sports has made it easy by putting together a list on your behalf.
You’ll get a short description, and you can get more details by linking to their listing in our directory from the list below.
Speaking of which, Adults Play Sports has a searchable online directory of adult sports leagues, trainers, camps, clinics, lessons, and tournaments (sort of like the Yelp of adult sports). Search by sport, location, gender, competition level, or other features, like LGBTQ, senior leagues, social leagues, and more.
Who says just because you’ve hit the adulting stage in your life, you should have to give up sports or be intimidated about starting a sport later in life? We think there’s no better time than now to get involved in adult sports in the Reno-Tahoe area, and we’ll give you some guidance and highlight some adult sports leagues in the city you call home.
Things To Consider In An Adult Sports League
Born Competitor or Social and Sporty (Or Just Social)?
There are several factors to consider when picking an adult sports league. Are you looking for full-contact, hardcore competition? Or are you more interested in a social sports league where you can have fun playing a sport but also participate in social events like happy hours? Or do you not consider yourself much of an athlete, but you’d still like to do something sporty-ish?
There are all types of adult sports leagues that cater to different personas. Some leagues are ultra-competitive. But there are other leagues where socializing is just as important as actually playing a sport.
Social sports leagues usually arrange events beyond sports games, like happy hours or other networking events. These types of leagues tend to be good choices for the more casual athlete. A lot of social sports leagues offer beginner-friendly sports like cornhole, kickball, bowling, and dodgeball.
Additional Features You Might Want In An Adult Sports League
Some other things you might want to consider in picking an adult sports league that’s right for you are:
- Do you prefer single-gender or co-ed sports?
- Are you “of a certain age” and prefer a league with age divisions in the 30s, 40s, 50s, or beyond?
- Are you looking for LGBTQ+-specific leagues?
The great thing about living in the Reno-Tahoe area is that you’re more likely to find leagues with these types of features. However, the area is lacking in adult sports leagues that cater specifically to the LGBTQ community. Fortunately, most leagues will still welcome LGBTQ athletes with open arms.
The List Of Adult Sports Leagues In Reno-Tahoe Area
Without further ado, here is the list you’ve been waiting for! Of course, this is not the complete list of adult sports options in the Reno-Tahoe area, but it’s a pretty darn good one.
- Reno Senior Coed Soccer League-Adult soccer open to men ages 35+ and women 25+
- Swift Sportsdome-Indoor sports facility in two Reno locations and offers soccer, basketball, kickball, cornhole, and more
- Reno Adult Wood Baseball League-18+ baseball league
- City of Reno-Many adult sports offerings for residents, including softball, ultimate, volleyball, and tennis
- Reno Battle Born Babes Rugby Club-Women’s rugby club open to all skill levels
- Reno Zephyrs Rugby Football Club-Men’s rugby club (associated with the Battle Born Babes)
- LTCC FC Tahoe-18+ and 35+ 7v7 adult soccer league at Lake Tahoe Community College (open to non-students)
- Tahoe City Public Utility District-Dodgeball, softball, pickleball, and more for adult athletes
- Tahoe Sports & Social-Adult social sports league currently offers softball
- Incline Village Parks & Recreation-Adult sports include basketball, pickleball, tennis, and more
- Elko Adult Softball-Adult softball with men’s, women’s, and co-ed divisions
- Carson City Parks & Recreation-Adult sports include futsal, pickleball, and volleyball
- High Sierra Lacrosse-Men’s competitive adult lacrosse; also open to high school junior and senior players
- RowTahoe-Masters rowing club Lake Tahoe; open to all skill levels
- Truckee Meadows Ultimate Players Association-Ultimate frisbee organization with leagues and pickup options in the Reno/Truckee area
- Reno Volleyball Club-Offers group adult volleyball classes
- Nevada Storm-Women’s competitive tackle football team with options to try out
- Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park-Men’s and co-ed adult sports include soccer and softball
- Reno Vikings-Competitive women’s soccer club
- Silver State Volleyball-Hardcourt and sand volleyball open gym options for adults
- USTA NorCal-Adult tennis leagues in Reno/Tahoe
- Northern Nevada Adult Soccer League-Adult men’s Hispanic soccer league
- Caughlin Athletic Club-Tennis, pickleball, basketball, and volleyball
- Reno Tennis Center-Adult tennis and pickleball leagues, clinics, and lessons
- Wells League Reno-Competitive men’s basketball league in Reno
- Sierra Nevada Soccer League-Men’s intermediate/competitive soccer league; includes 45+ division
- City of Sparks-Kickball and softball leagues for adults
- Reno Ski and Recreation Club-Adult social club with skiing events and other activities
- The Silver State High Rollers-Wheelchair basketball and rugby for adults
- Reno Ice-Offers adult hockey leagues and figure skating
Not Sure What Sport Is Right For You? Take Our Quiz To Find Out.
Maybe you’re what we call sports-curious–intrigued by the idea of playing sports but not quite sure which is the right one for you. You can take our short sports quiz that will narrow down some well-suited sports for you based on your answers.
Motivation and Inspiration
If anything is holding you back from getting involved in adult sports in the High Sierra, whether it’s intimidation, lack of training, or lack of motivation, Adults Play Sports has a robust blog to help. Our blog posts include everything from training tips to motivational stories from adult athletes from all walks of life.
We want to be your partner on this journey because we love sports! Plus, there are a plethora of mental, emotional, and physical benefits to playing sports as an adult.
Go Ahead. subscribe.
(You know you want to)
As much as we like you, we aren’t obsessed, so don’t expect us to write everyday. We’ll just email when we’ve got good info and giveaways.
P.S. We’re totally okay with you stalking us, though.
Now that you have the lowdown on adult sports leagues in Reno, Tahoe, and beyond, it’s time to get your game on!
Choose a league that gets your heart pumping, and remember–it’s never too late to #growupandplay. After all, playing sports is just another way to live life to its fullest and still feel young at heart, whether you’re 25 or 75.