With all the sunshine in Miami, it’s no wonder there are so many adult sports leagues to choose from. Great weather and an active population make The Magic City the perfect place to find your inner adult athlete, regardless of skill level. From competitive soccer to beginner pickleball, you’ll find it it Miami.
But instead of making you dig your way through a ton of websites to find an adult sports league in Miami that’s right for you, Adults Play Sports has made it easy by putting together a list for you.
You’ll get a short description, and you can get more details by linking to their listing in our directory from the list below.
Speaking of which, Adults Play Sports has a searchable online directory of adult sports leagues, trainers, camps, clinics, lessons, and tournaments (sort of like the Yelp of adult sports). Search by sport, location, gender, competition level, or other features, like LGBTQ, senior leagues, social leagues, and more.
Who says just because you’ve hit the adulting stage in your life, you should have to give up sports or be intimidated about starting a sport later in life? We think there’s no better time than now to get involved in adult sports in Miami, and we’ll give you some guidance and highlight some adult sports leagues in the city you call home.
Things To Consider In An Adult Sports League
Born Competitor or Social and Sporty (Or Just Social)?
There are several factors to consider when picking an adult sports league. Are you looking for full-contact, hardcore competition? Or are you more interested in a social sports league where you can have fun playing a sport but also participate in social events like happy hours? Or do you not consider yourself much of an athlete, but you’d still like to do something sporty-ish?
There are all types of adult sports leagues that cater to different personas. Some leagues are ultra-competitive. But there are other leagues where socializing is just as important as actually playing a sport.
Social sports leagues usually arrange events beyond sports games, like happy hours or other networking events. These types of leagues tend to be good choices for the more casual athlete. A lot of social sports leagues offer beginner-friendly sports like cornhole, kickball, bowling, and dodgeball.
Additional Features You Might Want In An Adult Sports League
Some other things you might want to consider in picking an adult sports league that’s right for you are:
- Do you prefer single-gender or co-ed sports?
- Are you “of a certain age” and prefer a league with age divisions in the 30s, 40s, 50s, or beyond?
- Are you looking for LGBTQ+-specific leagues?
The great thing about living in Miami is that you’re more likely to find leagues with these types of features. Those adult athletes in South Dakota aren’t quite as fortunate when it comes to having as many options as you do.
The List Of Adult Sports Leagues In Miami
Without further ado, here is the list you’ve been waiting for! Of course, this is not the complete list of adult sports options in Miami, but it’s a pretty darn good one.
- South Florida Club Sport-Social sports league with 10,000+ players; offers soccer, softball, kickball, and more
- CLUBWAKA Miami-21+ co-ed social sports league offering kickball and volleyball
- Miami Select Volleyball-Beginner to competitive volleyball for adults
- Beaches Adult Soccer League (BASL)-Florida adult soccer league with teams in Southeast Florida
- Koala Sports-Co-ed social sports league offering kickball, volleyball, flag football, and more
- City of Miami Beach-several adult sports offerings for city residents
- Miami Beach JCC-Adult flag football and basketball leagues
- Miami Roller Hockey-Recreational to competitive roller hockey leagues
- Temple Beth Am-Adult men’s over 30s basketball league
- Play Soccer Miami-Co-ed and men’s adult soccer leagues
- Miami International Co-ed Soccer-Beginner to competitive adult soccer league
- Courtside Basketball League-Adult men’s basketball league for all levels
- Miami Tennis League-Intermediate to competitive tennis league
- Miami Beach Rowing Club-Masters programs and learn-to-row clinics for adult rowers
- South Florida Adult Baseball League-18+, 28+, and 35+ men’s division baseball league
- Miami Rowing Club-novice and competitive rowing programs for adults
- Movedon Soccer League-Co-ed adult soccer leagues for all skill levels in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale areas
- David Posnack JCC-Tons of adult sports options ranging from leagues to lessons to open gym
- Florida Adult Soccer Association-Adult soccer association with leagues across Florida, including Miami and surrounding areas
- DETA Pickleball Club-Leagues, lessons, and tournaments for adults interested in pickleball
- On the Pitch Indoor Soccer League-competitive men’s indoor soccer league
- South Florida Flag Football League-LGBTQ co-ed flag football league
- Miami Beach Soccer League-9v9 and 11v11 men’s intermediate to competitive soccer league
- AGC Football Club-Women’s soccer league with divisions for beginners to competitive
- Fish&Men-LGBTQ pickup pickleball
- Stadio Soccer-4-field soccer facility with adult leagues
- Miami Beach Tennis Academy-Tennis and pickelball play, including lessons and clinics
- Nadores Swim Team-LGBTQ swim club for beginner to advanced swimmers
- Miami Tridents-Men’s rugby club open to new players
- Miami Rugby Club-Florida’s oldest rugby club; men’s league
Not Sure What Sport Is Right For You? Take Our Quiz To Find Out.
Maybe you’re what we call sports-curious–intrigued by the idea of playing sports but not quite sure which is the right one for you. You can take our short sports quiz that will narrow down some well-suited sports for you based on your answers.
Motivation and Inspiration
If anything is holding you back from getting involved in adult sports in the vibrant metropolis of Miami, whether it’s intimidation, lack of training, or lack of motivation, Adults Play Sports has a robust blog to help. Our blog posts include everything from training tips to motivational stories from adult athletes from all walks of life.
We want to be your partner on this journey because we love sports! Plus, there are a plethora of mental, emotional, and physical benefits to playing sports as an adult.
Go Ahead. subscribe.
(You know you want to)
As much as we like you, we aren’t obsessed, so don’t expect us to write everyday. We’ll just email when we’ve got good info and giveaways.
P.S. We’re totally okay with you stalking us, though.
Now that you have the lowdown on adult sports leagues in Miami, it’s time to get your game on!
Choose a league that gets your heart pumping, and remember–it’s never too late to #growupandplay. After all, in the 305, playing sports is just another way to live life to its fullest and still feel young at heart, whether you’re 25 or 75.