The South End Rowing Club, founded May 5, 1873, is the oldest rowing club west of the Mississippi. Originally located at the foot of Third Street, the barge moved the club to Aquatic Park in 1908, finally coming to its current home at 500 Jefferson Street in 1938.
Our community combines world-class rowing, swimming, handball, and running with an inclusive, welcoming, and supportive multi-generational membership. South Enders have achieved national and international recognition in all sports.
Whether it is because it provides us with the opportunities to challenge ourselves or to be ourselves, the South End forms an important part of our lives.
The South End Rowing Club is dedicated to inclusive and participatory rowing, challenging oarswomen and oarsmen to their personal excellence. Through our safe and excellent oarsmanship, we continue to promote and encourage the rowing sport and the San Francisco Bay rowing tradition.