A non-contact recreational league for any women, any age, any experience.
The Calgary Women’s Lacrosse League (CWLL) is a non-contact recreational box lacrosse league for women aged 18+. The CWLL is always looking for more players interested in playing with us, whether learning for the first time or continuing to play a game that you already love.
- Am I TOO OLD to play women’s box lacrosse? Am I TOO YOUNG to play women’s box lacrosse?
- Our league is for anyone over 18 years old. We have active players from 18 years old to 58 years old! Any adult woman of any age can come to play.
- I’m not in good enough shape to play. Are the players all fit athletes?
- We have women of all sports and non-sports backgrounds, of all shapes and sizes. Many women in our league use lacrosse for their fitness workout. You push yourself as much as you want!
- I have never played lacrosse before – will I be able to play?
- For sure! Our games centre around learning/refreshing skills and drills so that all players pick up what they need to play. After the first few scrimmage games, we continue to accept new players and will work with them to acquire the skills they need to jump right in.
- Isn’t lacrosse a contact sport? Isn’t it fairly dangerous?
- Just as some hockey leagues are non-contact, lacrosse can also be non-contact. We want to enjoy playing lacrosse without the need for full equipment and without worrying about getting hurt. Accidental collisions may occur but overall it is no more dangerous than playing soccer.