While Louisville might be best known for its bourbon and its horses, it also has an impressive list of adult sports offerings. The Gateway to the South offers residents year-round sports for every skill level and nearly every sport.
Whether you’re looking for some serious competition or if you’d rather play an adult sport that you can counterbalance with socializing, you’ll find it all in Derby City.
But instead of making you dig your way through a ton of websites to find an adult sports league in the Louisville area that’s right for you, Adults Play Sports has made it easy by putting together a list on your behalf.
You’ll get a short description, and you can get more details by linking to their listing in our directory from the list below.
Speaking of which, Adults Play Sports has a searchable online directory of adult sports leagues, trainers, camps, clinics, lessons, and tournaments (sort of like the Yelp of adult sports). Search by sport, location, gender, competition level, or other features, like LGBTQ, senior leagues, social leagues, and more.
Who says just because you’ve hit the adulting stage in your life, you should have to give up sports or be intimidated about starting a sport later in life? We think there’s no better time than now to get involved in adult sports in the Louisville area, and we’ll give you some guidance and highlight some adult sports leagues in the city you call home.
Things To Consider In An Adult Sports League
Born Competitor or Social and Sporty (Or Just Social)?
There are several factors to consider when picking an adult sports league. Are you looking for full-contact, hardcore competition? Or are you more interested in a social sports league where you can have fun playing a sport and also participate in social events like happy hours? Or do you not consider yourself much of an athlete, but you’d still like to do something sporty-ish?
There are all types of adult sports leagues that cater to different personas. Some leagues are ultra-competitive. But there are other leagues where socializing is just as important as actually playing a sport.
Social sports leagues usually arrange events beyond sports games, like happy hours or other networking events. These types of leagues tend to be good choices for the more casual athlete. A lot of social sports leagues offer beginner-friendly sports like cornhole, kickball, bowling, and dodgeball.
Additional Features You Might Want In An Adult Sports League
Some other things you might want to consider in picking an adult sports league that’s right for you are:
- Do you prefer single-gender or co-ed sports?
- Are you “of a certain age” and prefer a league with age divisions in the 30s, 40s, 50s, or beyond?
- Are you looking for LGBTQ+-specific leagues?
The great thing about living in the Louisville area is that you’re more likely to find leagues with these types of features. However, the area is lacking in adult sports leagues that cater specifically to the LGBTQ community. Fortunately, most leagues will still welcome LGBTQ athletes with open arms.
The List Of Adult Sports Leagues In The Louisville Area
Without further ado, here is the list you’ve been waiting for! Of course, this is not the complete list of adult sports options in the Louisville area, but it’s a pretty darn good one.
- LXC Sports and Social Club-Social sports league featuring dodgeball, volleyball, cornhole, and more
- Mockingbird Valley Soccer Club-Men’s, women’s, and co-ed soccer league; all skill divisions
- The League-Co-ed social sports featuring basketball, cornhole, dodgeball, and more
- Derby City Dynamite-Women’s tackle football team open to new players
- Louisville Kings-Aussie rules men’s football
- Louisville Women’s Rugby Football Club-Women’s rugby club plays three seasons a year
- Kentuckiana Baseball Association-18+ adult wood baseball league that includes senior divisions
- Gotham Soccer-Men’s and co-ed soccer league
- Louisville Rugby Football Club-Men’s rugby club open to new and experienced players
- ULAX Louisville-Men’s Summer Lacrosse League
- Louisville Ultimate Disc Association-Adult ultimate leagues and pickup
- Louisville Rowing Club-Adult learn to row and masters programs
- Louisville Soccer Alliance-Men’s adult soccer
- St. Michael’s Church-Men’s and co-ed adult sports
- Louisville Adult Hockey Players Association-40 teams, 400 players, 10 divisions
- YMCA of Greater Louisville-Pickleball, soccer, and more for adults
- Southeast Christian Adult Sports-Adult church leagues in Douglass Hills
- Champions City Adult Soccer League-Men’s and co-ed soccer league near downtown
- MidAmerica Sports Center-Volleyball and basketball leagues
- Trager Family JCC-Adult basketball and pickleball
- Valley View Church-Adult church league sports
- Derby City Pride League-LGBTQ softball league for all skills
- Bluegrass Classic-LGBTQ bowling league
- Louisville Adult Soccer Club-Organized adult pickup league for men age 40+ and women 30+
- City of Louisville-Basketball, pickleball, softball, and volleyball for residents
Not Sure What Sport Is Right For You? Take Our Quiz To Find Out.
Maybe you’re what we call sports-curious–intrigued by the idea of playing sports but not quite sure which is the right one for you. You can take our short sports quiz that will narrow down some well-suited sports for you based on your answers.
Motivation and Inspiration
If anything is holding you back from getting involved in adult sports in the High Sierra, whether it’s intimidation, lack of training, or lack of motivation, Adults Play Sports has a robust blog to help. Our blog posts include everything from training tips to motivational stories from adult athletes from all walks of life.
We want to be your partner on this journey because we love sports! Plus, there are a plethora of mental, emotional, and physical benefits to playing sports as an adult.
Go Ahead. subscribe.
(You know you want to)
As much as we like you, we aren’t obsessed, so don’t expect us to write everyday. You’ll just get notified about good stuff.
P.S. We’re totally okay with you stalking us, though.
Now that you have the lowdown on adult sports leagues in Louisville and beyond, it’s time to get your game on!
Choose a league that gets your heart pumping, and remember–it’s never too late to #growupandplay. After all, playing sports is just another way to live life to its fullest and still feel young at heart, whether you’re 25 or 75.